||VSU - Sr Systems Engineer
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified : VEC - Sr Java Programmer Analyst. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a HYBRID position requiring the candidate to work at least 2 days per week ONSITE. Candidate must pick up equipment such as laptop in person.
- As a Senior level Java Programmer, this position is responsible for IT phases of the system development lifecycle (SDLC) of one or more automated IT applications, systems and software. Confer with analysts, domain experts and users to understand and document requirements, estimate levels of effort and meet system needs.
- Perform complex programming duties (including enhancements and maintenance) using JAVA, Eclipse, Spring, Hibernate, JBOSS, Maven and Subversion; write and maintain appropriate program code; use meaningful naming conventions; utilize security best practices; provide technical leadership on system integration and transition; use interfaces and reports efficiently; and ensure application services are installed and configured based on business needs and system requirements.
- Develop, test, and implement new systems and applications; ensure deployment plan is completed, deployment steps and back-out procedures are followed, adequate post-implementation testing is conducted, and implementation efforts do not compromise existing systems, services, or availability; and maintenance and enhancements are completed within scope, budget and schedule.
- Determine feasibility of systems enhancements/automation; provide technical expertise in the development and implementation of new or changing applications; and work with staff and end users to identify and resolve application issues.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and tools for software development, testing, implementation and maintenance. Prepare application documentation (e.g., use cases, software requirements specifications, interface documents and wireframes); user documentation and user training materials; and post-implementation evaluation reports.
- Respond to inquiries and troubleshoot issues related to scalability, response times, availability, security, reliability, robustness and accessibility; assist and mentor other IT staff; and provide training and support as needed. May need to access Federal Tax Information (FTI) to administer, maintain and/or audit activity that supports the integrity of the Unemployment Insurance program.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Sr level Java Development skills (7 Years)
- Exp with Eclipse, Spring, Hibernate, JBOSS, Maven and Subversion (7 Years)
- This is a HYBRID position, candidate is required to work ONSITE minimum 2 days per week. Must pick equipment such as laptop up ONSITE.
Salary: $100,000-105,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.