||DMV IT Security Analyst
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes the following: 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified DMV IT Security Analyst. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
The primary purpose of this position is to help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting the Agency. Also, involves critical duties...responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations.
The Tier 1 SOC Analyst is responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment focusing on reviewing and assigning urgency to potential threats and are the front line when reporting security incidents. Tier 1 SOC Analysts run vulnerability and security assessment reports, manage security-monitoring tools, and perform cybersecurity incident helpdesk functions.
General duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor security events received through alerts from SIEM or other security tools.
- Carry out Level 1 triage of incoming issues (initially assessing the priority of the event, initial determination of incident to determine risk and damage or appropriate routing of security or privacy data request).
- Provides knowledge in threat intelligence and cyber security defense.
- Develops, researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption.
- Identifies, deters, monitors, and investigates computer and network intrusions.
- Provides computer forensic support to high technology investigations in the form of evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery.
- Conducts incident response according to departmental breach response process.
- Leads threat intelligence and incident response.
- Carry out limited incident response to end users for low complexity security incidents.
- Maintain assigned ticket queue.
- Participate actively in the resolution of incidents, even after they are escalated.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the subject area. Industry professional certification in relevant subject area (i.e. – Security+, etc.) (3 Years)
- Generating vulnerability and security assessment reports (3 Years)
- Manage security-monitoring tools (3 Years)
- Candidate must be willing to initially work ONSITE at the beginning of the assignment and will convert to a HYBRID schedule working at least 3 days per week onsite.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.