||VDH Tableau Visualization/Data Developer
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDH Tableau Visualization/Data Developer. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
*Local candidate preferred.
Work with the Division of Population Health Data, with technical and business stewards to help synthesize questions, understand the data structures and query the correct answer in way that is easily understood
- Assist subject matter experts in coming up with the right data and visualization solutions for their requirements which will involve rapidly transforming raw data into actionable information using ETL, analytics and visualization tools and techniques
- Analyze, define requirements, develop, and create documentation for dashboards
- Design data models and data architecture
- Apply best practices to design and development
- Define and interpret SQL queries (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, BigQuery)
- Collaborate with technical staff and end users to understand and troubleshoot platform issues and develop appropriate solutions
- Spread awareness and offer assistance in ensuring proper public accessibility standards for dashboards.
- Integrate various datasets and build data models for visualization in Tableau or data gateways
- Assist, guide, and provide support to other Tableau Desktop users to create effective visualizations and dashboards
- Utilize Tableau Prep for optimal data structuring before visualization
- Support the data curation process by feeding the data catalog and knowledge base with key information.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field (3 Years)
- Demonstrated successful organizational, creativity, and problem-solving skills (3 Years)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively. (3 Years)
- Working knowledge of databases and database system structures. (Education can substitute for this skill) (3 Years)
- 3+ years of experience in visual report building, development of analytics dashboards, and working with complex data sets (3 Years)
- 3+ years of Tableau Dashboard experience (3 Years)
- Working Experience with Tableau Desktop 2021.2 or higher (3 Years)
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau Desktop content creation (3 Years)
- Working experience on data modeling and data integration using databases like SQL Server and Oracle (3 Years)
- Excellent visualization skills, including demonstrable design knowledge, such as layout, typography, color, and interaction design (3 Years)
- 3+ years of experience working with data stewards and executive leadership (3 Years)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail (3 Years)
- Creative vision, a passion for learning and willingness to adopt and share new ideas. (3 Years)
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.