Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Technical Writer. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop technically accurate responses to proposals specifically address customer requirements; ensure contractual compliance, accuracy, timeliness within the deadlines provided.
- Review RFP requirements for compliance mapping and development of templates, outlines, compliance matrices, resource assignment, and checklists.
- Prepare responses for US Federal and State agencies for IT Services and Solutions.
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive passage.
- Research & gather technical and business information for use in proposal development activities
- Coordinate with fellow team members for the successful delivery of proposals
- Assist in maintaining and updating a database of information pertaining to proposals, including but not limited to past performances, references, technical write-ups, management approaches, etc.
- Ensure all submissions are completed on time and are in accordance with customer guidelines and specifications
- Assemble stakeholders (proposal project team) to identify roles, responsibilities and timelines.
- Engage with necessary internal resources such as sales, engagement, sourcing and Admin teams.
- Review and edit sections drafted by other contributors.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
*This is a hybrid position requiring the candidate to work ONSITE in Herndon, VA.
- Experience preparing proposals (RFI/RFP/RFQ)
- Understanding of context/requirement of proposals.
- Experience with IT Processes such as Agile, SDLC, CMMI, ISO, and ITIL.
- Proven technical writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Sharepoint
- A minimum of 3-6 years of experience as a lead writer on U.S Federal technical proposals (preferred).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Familiarity and/or expertise in SDLC, Agile methodologies preferred.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.