||VDH T-SQL Programmer Analyst
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDH T-SQL Programmer Analyst. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Mostly remote work is available now but needs to be able to come onsite when requested, NO exceptions.
- On selection the candidate must pick up the device in-person and allow about 2-4 hours to complete their work profile set-up at the time of pick up
Essential Job Functions:
- Explore and understand the data structure and contents in the data repositories
- Assist in the review of data quality, troubleshooting, and data cleanup process
- Manage and maintain large volumes of data using manual and automated techniques for investigation and resolution of data quality issues. Assist in gathering and documenting data needs and migration requirements for use in the migration tool design, as well as other reporting measures.
- Develop, automate, and maintain data management and data improvement processes using MS SQL SSMS, MS SQL Server Jobs, SSIS, and Tableau.
- Utilize SQL server environment for all SQL development activities including data extraction, data quality, transformation and formatting, testing, modification and validation.
- Participate in the development of effective solutions and enhancements to increase efficiency of system operations, availability and reporting of high-quality data. Routinely review SQL scripts and processes to optimize performance.
- Develop QA and performance dashboards measuring data quality dimensions including integrity, validity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness using Tableau or similar software.
- Extensive experience implementing relevant, trend-based data quality measurements and assessing scope, frequency and severity of data anomalies using advanced SQL scripts within MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures, and manuals
- Assist in managing and maintaining the confidentiality and security of the data at all times
- Assist in responding to data requests, data analysis using SQL and automation/generation of ad-hoc reports
- Provide assistance in various data management activities as assigned
- Collaborates with VDH peers to ensure formatted data received meets reporting and system requirements within the Office of Epidemiology (OEPI).
- May write reports or facilitate data access by other means as needed, to include SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, etc.
- Participates in internal and external meetings.
- Strong experience in using T- SQL query language in data management, analysis and reporting in MS SQL server environment
- Knowledge in development, change management and testing.
- Strong SQL development experience: this includes advanced SQL query development and SSIS development within SQL server environment
- Considerable knowledge and experience in database structure and design in the MS SQL server environment.
- Considerable knowledge of data quality management and procedures. Ability to explore and understand the data structure and contents
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of public health disease surveillance and data; experience with reportable disease/health-related information systems & management
- Experience using R or SAS
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures and manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, and/or equivalent experience and training
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.