||OVDOT IT Security Architect 4
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDOT IT Security Architect 4. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Documents processes and script narratives/executive summaries. Create Business focused documentation for circulation among readers with various technical understanding. Share insight of Security Architecture and IT Governance approaches and implementation methodologies Research and provide written guidance on alignment with security policies/standards. Perform tasks related to Security Compliance and Control Evaluation, Risk analysis, and exception documentation. Collaborate with Business areas and cross- functional Enterprise Architects to fully understand business needs and provide strategic consultation on data security and risk-averse implementation. Partner with architects, other technical team members and to develop roadmaps and strategies to support agency KPIs Design/Implement Enterprise Security/technology Patterns Consult with teams as needed on initiatives and provide tactical direction as well as provide architecture considerations on legacy solutions Research and share finding of architecture governance, controls, and peer review processed with regards to platform technology, security, and cloud.
**local candidates strongly preferred
**candidate must be able to come to Richmond, VA to pick up laptop
- Experience in industry or state information security and IT risk management with a focus on security, performance, and reliability.
- Significant performing reviews of proposed changes and projects as it pertains to the alignment of applicable state and/or federal security standards/regulations.
- Significant experience in the development, utilizing, and presentation of information security architecture policies, standards and procedures.
- Experience with Information Security Frameworks like NIST-800 series and Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT
- Experience in monitoring IT environments for compliance with information security architecture policies and standards.
- Substantial technical experience in 2 or more: Cloud-based technologies, Identity & Access Management, Vulnerability Management, firewalls, computer forensic techniques, databases, collaboration tools, web & mail services.
- Ability to provide input and security direction for future designs, information security capabilities, and strategic technology alternatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills (possessing the ability to breakdown complex technical terms into everyday language).
- Demonstrated ability to work with broad cross-section of personal including all levels of management and external entities such as VITA consultants and service providers to explain and security measures and collaborate and disseminate security related information in partnership with the Office of Information Security.
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment and acquire new skills/knowledge to meet customer needs.
- Thorough understanding of customers priorities and the business criticality of platforms, applications and services.
Required / Desired Skills:
- Knowledge and application of security best practices
- Knowledge of IT Governance and Compliance
- Experience in business writing and presenting
- Educational or Career Experience in Cybersecurity, Government technology implementation, IT Governance or related field(s).
- Experience in Process Modeling
Salary: $100-109K -Annually and Benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.