||DMAS - APEX Programmer Analyst 4
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified DMAS - APEX Programmer Analyst 4. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Majority of role is remote HOWEVER Mgr requires that the contractor be within a 3-hour DRIVE (not plane trip) of the DMAS office as the team gets together often for team meetings and for special training that the contractor MUST attend in person when required (no exceptions). We will not consider anyone that cannot meet this expectation. Proof of address maybe requested.
Parking is NOT provided for contractors. 6-9 mo assignmt expected.
Required Skill set:
APEX dev needed to serve as a lead application developer using Oracle Application Express (APEX) to design, develop and maintain agency critical applications. Initial project is to upgrade existing applications from APEX version 4 to APEX 21.
- Strong programmer with a minimum of 5 years of experience developing applications with Oracle Application Express (APEX), version 4 through the current version
- Database objects (such as procedures, functions, triggers)
- Relational database systems, specifically Oracle
- Understand and interpret customer requirements and develop solutions to meet requirements
- Software development life cycle
- Change Management Processes and Version Control in the execution of work requests
- This position involves working with the IM project manager, IM project management staff, other members of the project team, and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts, data modeling and good understanding of Oracle RDBMS architecture
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and complete assigned work, plan, communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with users and team members
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; creative designs
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Develop, test, debug, document, and maintain Oracle Application Express (APEX) applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends)
- Flexible and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including technical specifications, data mapping, program logic and flowcharts
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Management Information Systems, Computer Sciences, or Engineering or a closely related field or 10 plus years of an equivalent level of experience.
- Oracle Training on APEX version 21 and up is preferred
Salary: $85,000-90,000/Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.