||TAX - Power BI Developer/Engineer
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified TAX - Power BI Developer/Engineer. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
ON SITE REQUIRED: 2 to 3 days a week
Duration: 6 months possibility of extension depending on work remaining
Continuous review and support of the new modernized data lake and Power BI data architecture and supporting in migrating high-priority reports to the Power BI reporting tool. Architect, Analysis, Design, Development mew Power BI reports under the direction of Virginia Department of Taxation management to support Business objects to Power BI migration project. Extract data and generate Reports to internal or external customer. Support daily ETL moving data from online transaction system to reporting datamart. Support reporting and reports dissemination functions via in-house .net application utilizing Business Objects RESTful web services.
Responsible for Power BI architecture, data source management using data lakes, migration of reports to Azure cloud.
Responsible for approach and direction of all Power BI architecture, data architecture activities. Assesses and aligns architecture and recommendations to meet targeted business and technology objectives. Consolidate and design solution to position to migrate reports to Azure Cloud in Microsoft Stack.
Required / Desired Skills:
- Certification: Microsoft certified Azure Data Engineer & Data Analyst
- 10+ plus years designing, building and implementing Reports and Dashboards using Power Bi Platform
- 10+ years of experience using SQL Server, SSRS and SSAS
- 10+ years architecting, building, and implementing complex Data Lakes, Data pipelines and data warehouse
- 10+ years designing, building, and implementing Azure BI Services
- 7+ years’ experience in Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- 10+ years of experience in independently analyzing program specifications and to code and test programs according to specifications
- 10+ extensive experience in writing SQL queries using joins, Stored procedures (SP) etc
- 7+ years’ experience migrating reports from on-prem business intelligence environment PowerBI Server to PowerBI Azure cloud
- 7+ years building Azure data factory, data ingestion pipelines into Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS) 7+ years building Azure data factory, data ingestion
- Experience working with Agile/scrum project management methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to collaborate with other application development teams, team leads business analysts
Salary: $100,000-105,000/Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.