||ABC - BSA Team Lead
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified ABC - BSA Team Lead. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
The primary job function of the Team Lead Business Systems Analysis (BSA Team Lead), an expert level position, is to be responsible for leading a team of BSA's which interact directly with management and users to analyze, specify, implement, and troubleshoot issues with business applications. This position will partner with the Business Systems Analysis Supervisor to coach, mentor, and direct the work products for the team.
In addition to team lead responsibilities, the resource may also serve as a Senior or Lead Business Systems Analyst on Projects and Initiatives or as a Project Coordinator to facilitate and manage small to medium-sized IT projects and initiatives.
- *Position is onsite 3 days/week – No exceptions
- Parking is provided at no cost to contractors
- Provides guidance to members of BSA team, both employees and contractors, in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures for Project Management.
- Empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Assists staff in prioritizing work assignments to ensure the highest priority items get completed first, based upon authority priority and overall impact.
- Provides performance feedback and input to the BSA Supervisor to address employee development goals and to address skill gaps or performance issues
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates information through one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Coaches and mentors staff as directed by the BSA Supervisor
- Monitors deliverables and BSA activities on major projects and provides assistance as needed to address impediments
- Assists the BSA Supervisor with staff allocation and assignment
- Assists the BSA Supervisor with implementing team process and procedure changes
- Conducts peer reviews of BSA deliverables
- Assists the BSA supervisor in ensuring that team processes and procedures are followed
- Performs stakeholder, business, and systems impact analysis for proposed projects
- Serves as a liaison between the business sponsor of a proposed project and IT resource managers to obtain resource estimates for proposed projects
- Conducts research to identify potential business and/or technical solutions for proposed projects
- Ensures that downstream and partnering resources clearly understand the business vision for the technical solution
- Conducts gap analysis to identify differences between the current and to-be states of business processes and system functionality.
- Analyzes data to determine the root cause of business problems and/or identify trends or opportunities for process improvements.
- Partners with technical and business resources to assist in identifying the root cause of system-related defects.
- Makes recommendations for the logical design of system enhancements.
- Identifies and make recommendations on business process and functional system improvements.
- Effectively use various elicitation techniques (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) to ensure that the true business need and intent is understood and well documented. (RFPs, SOWs, business requirements, business processes, flows, etc)
- Gather integration requirements for data to include identification and assessment of data sources and creation of source/target mappings.
- Elicits and documents business requirements, business processes and workflows.
- Formulates and documents well-formed user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Team or Project Lead Experience (details must be clearly reflected on resume, pls do not just list the title "Lead" and not provide details on this exp (5 years)
- Experience with implementing team process and procedure changes (5 years)
- Team leadership skills such as ability to delegate; decision making; mediator; self-accountability (5 years)
- Full SDLC experience including supporting QA and UAT needs (8 years)
- Excellent problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities (8 years)
- Develops clear and effective business and system documentation (process flows, data mapping, RFPs, SOWs, business requirements, etc) (8 years)
- Experience with and proven knowledge of Web Application concepts (8 years)
- Effectively facilitate meetings and requirements gathering sessions (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) (8 years)
- Effectively peer reviews BSA deliverables (5 years)
*Salary: $110,000-114,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.