||DVDOT Data Analyst 4
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDOT Data Analyst 4. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Relies on experience in data analytics and business process automation to create effective and innovative business solutions, independently perform tasks and provide guidance to team members.
VDOT is looking for a data analyst starting as soon as possible to work as part of the Professional Services Procurement Office to create reports, visualizations, dashboards, and metrics to provide business insight that aid decision-making using Power BI and to use robotic process automation to automate business processes. Uses query languages like T-SQL, scripting languages like DAX, R or Python to perform meaningful quantitative or qualitative analysis. Works with ITD, SME’s and other team members to understand requirements and provide guidance for extensible reporting capabilities.
- Developing dashboards, visualizations and reports using Power BI to improve business process
- Utilizing Blue Prism or similar tool to automate business operations and data analysis and reduce manual labor
- Curating data sets that drive data collection models to better consolidate information
- Builds data models that help improve efficiency throughout the overall business operations
- Performing quality assurance testing to ensure the data presented is correct
- Identifying the development needs for the purpose of streamlining and improving efficiency and key insights
- Collaborating with team members at all levels for the purpose of collecting data, documenting requirements, and executing on deliverables
- Analyzing business requirements and processes to provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform data profiling to identify anomalies
- Creating and maintaining documentation that includes design, requirements, and user manuals
- Learning and understanding the data landscape across multiple databases and applications
- Coordinate with ITD to implement new models and inform long term solution options
- Create presentations to present analysis findings
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* *Candidates must interview onsite, NO exception
**This is a HYBRID position requiring the candidate to work at least 3 days per week ONSITE.
- 5+ years in analytical position
- 3+ years’ using Power BI (other leading BI applications will be considered)
- 3+ years of database design and work with unstructured data in a data lake environment
- Strong knowledge of data collection software and protocol
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency – Advanced Formulas, Pivot Tables & Macros
- Ability to structure business discussions and scope solutions
- Excellent analytical and forecasting ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understand current data protection and privacy laws
- Ability to think through problems and provide recommendations to a solution
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects in parallel
- Proven ability to develop and manage BI solutions using Power BI
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL and DAX to support reports, dashboards, and data models
- Demonstrated experience using Blue Prism or a similar tool to automate business operations and data analysis and reduce manual labor
- Exceptional data visualization experience
- Ability to analyze and mine data from multiple systems.
- Ability to understand user’s needs and devise solutions accordingly.
- In-depth knowledge of the data development life cycle
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI, DAX, T-SQL, and Blue Prism.
YSI Salary: $85,000-90,000/Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.