||VDOT Project Manager 3
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDOT Project Manager 3. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
The PM will be responsible for successfully planning, organizing, and motivating diverse project teams throughout all phases of Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid projects, and for delivering projects that provide exceptional value to the Commonwealth's internal and external stakeholders.
* Hybrid - must be able to work ON-SITE at least 1 to 2 days – No exceptions
*Candidates must come onsite to obtain laptop
- Coordinate vendors and consultants, and VDOT IT and business staff as assigned, in the execution of IT projects and related procurements.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work.
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
- Oversee and manage execution and/or coordination of day-to-day project activities as required.
- Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including executive management, business management, vendors, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
- Set project goals that are consistent with technical objectives and the agency’s overall technology strategy.
- Track and communicate a project's progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, customers, and project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with technology leads and solution architects to incorporate agency best practices into project plans.
- Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including execution of procurements, definition of project plans, resource allocation, management of project risks, scope, and schedule, delivery of value, and well-ordered transitions to operations.
- Monitor progress by third-party vendors and define and measure their progress with metrics.
- Develop and maintain project budget, plans, task lists, schedules, risks, and status, to include resource allocation and schedules.
- Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements.
- Exhibit significant emotional quotient (EQ) in handling project challenges and maintain a positive project culture in line with VDOT’s mission and shared values.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong experience in developing, executing, and managing cloud hosted SaaS implementation projects.
- Strong experience leading the business and IT resources through the discovery and documentation of business and technical requirements in request for proposal and statement of requirement formats.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for collaborating and team building.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to simplify and briefly, succinctly communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
- Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures, and methods.
- Ability to define and balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ability to analyze and document system processes.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models.
- Exceptional knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall project management principles and practices. In addition, the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a particular project and business environment.
- Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
- Fluency in Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office required.
- PMP certification required.
- VITA PM Qualification within 90 days of start date required (https://www.vita.virginia.gov/it-governance/project-management/development-program-pmdp/qualification-testing/).
- Experience with VITA’s Commonwealth Technology Portfolio (CTP) system and ECOS process is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the core Commonwealth IT procurement processes (RFP, VITA Statewide Contract, and CAI SOW) is strongly preferred.
Salary: $100,000-110,000 Annually and Benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.