||City University of New York – Project Manager
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified CUNY – Project Manager – M365 Email Transition. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Assist all remaining colleges (~20) in transitioning their email from local exchange to M365 and 1 college migrating from google
Responsible for insuring that the project stays on track by:
- Co-leads the M365 Email transition and if time allows lead any of a wide range of projects including application development, software and hardware deployment or decommissioning, and implementations of off-the-shelf and custom software.
- Conducts business analysis of data and/or assist the college IT teams with their data clean up and analysis.
- Documents business requirements and/or technical solutions and designs.
- Identifies and implements ongoing use of project plans including baseline targets and forecasted tasks.
- Executes projects in accordance with agreed schedule, budget, and scope.
- Timely reports on variances to the approved project baseline and serves as the liaison for problem resolution and escalation.
- Schedules, directs, and documents project team meetings.
- Identifies, tracks, and champions close of project issues, risks, and change requests.
- Communicates with project stakeholders including sponsors, steering committees, user community and team members.
- Manages project-related coordination of testing and training activities, quality assurance reviews, and obtaining change management approvals.
- Identifies and implements milestone charts, dashboards and project team reports for senior management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years’ experience working on complex IT projects as a Project or Program manager.
- Strong communication skills and business acumen to deal with stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience with Azure and M365 Teams with Email.
- Advanced Excel and Power Query skill set.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Flexibility and ability to pivot.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge and proficiency in system development life cycle (SDLC) methods and processes.
- Technical knowledge and background in diverse areas that include academic support, PeopleSoft ERP, identity management, email, M365 and Azure, voice and data networking and security.
- Knowledge of third-party tools, e.g. BitTitan, and Quest, for mailbox content copying.
- Ability to champion ideas and solutions, multitask under tight deadlines, and work in an environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to work with, articulate the needs and possess strong interpersonal skills to build exceptional rapport with university stakeholders including unit staff, subject matter experts, technical staff, administrators, faculty and students.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.