Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified DSS System Administrator 4. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
*100% Remote but the candidate MUST work EST hours
System Administrator to oversee and control comprehensive IT Systems and programs in alignment with the strategic goals of the agency. This position will work on multiple platforms and will require on-call support for 24x7 Operations.
The administrator uses advanced enterprise operations systems and coordinates with teams of IT specialists, analysts, administrators, and developers to operate and maintain a large IT enterprise that supports over 10,000 social services staff across the Commonwealth. The administrator is responsible for four fundamental areas across multiple platforms:
Managed File Transfers: will work as a team to develop new transfer jobs to meet business needs, security requirements and operation standards. This will require knowledge of secure transfer protocols, LINUX file / folder permission and a comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This includes, but is not limited to, Cloud, SAAS, and Low-Code application platforms
Batch Management: will provide support services for the production scheduling system and batch execution, currently using BMS Control-M being supported by Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA).
Monitoring: will use an integrated, advanced suite of software tools and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices to monitor, detect, alert, control, and respond to outages related to LINUX / Windows server, network glitches, job failures and software issues.
Service Desk Support: provides expert support to customers and other staff for the systems they monitor. This includes the ability to research failures, provide next steps for resolution to users, take actions to resolve issues, and evaluate actions needed to prevent recurring problems.
Has proficient knowledge of multiple platforms and file transfer processes with the ability to develop solutions based on business requirements. Designs, writes, tests, debugs / troubleshoots, and maintains processes required for the successful communication of files with both internal and external trading partners.
The system administrator will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the Operations Documents and Runbooks/Playbooks.
The position responsibility will include the preparation of system documentation and configuring file transfer solutions to deliver quality, cost effective and timely deliverables according to the departments lifecycle development approach (SDLC). This includes:
• Clarifying requests for enhancements or systems changes with Application Development, Security Operations (SECOPS), System and Business Analysts.
• Analyzing user requirements, documents, and requests to develop effective automated solutions.
• Maintaining production transfer solutions, system configurations, unit test plans, and other supporting technical documentation.
• Following coding and documentation standards through a review process.
• Windows/Unix scripting and File Transfer Protocols (FTP) (6 years)
• Experience in customer support, including problem definition and resolution for both network hardware and software (6 years)
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (6 years)
• Strong written and oral communication skills (6 years)
• Knowledge of network troubleshooting to include proxy servers and firewalls (4 years)
• Knowledge of BMC Software for batch management services (4 years)
• Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation (4 years)
• Knowledge of Cloud-based and Low-Code platform: Apex Batch and File Transfers (for Salesforce), process automation for Microsoft Power Apps (4 years)
Salary: $60,000-65,000 Annually and Benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.