||DVS - Project Manager 2
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified DVS - Project Manager 2. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
The Project Manager will oversee all project management activities in accordance with the project management framework as outlined by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This includes the processes of initiation, planning, execution, communication and control, and closure. Works closely with the agency leadership including Chief Technology Officer, Deputy Commissioners, Division Directors, and agency staff to manage and execute enterprise-level projects and adhere to established project performance metrics.
* The first month is 100% on site, after that it is 75% on site
*Parking is NOT provided for contractors
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Six years of experience managing large scale projects including the development of comprehensive project work plans using Microsoft Project, developing and maintaining project budgets, resource plans, risk plans, communication plans, and program management plans.
- Significant experience with Agile, Waterfall and blended methodologies for software development for obtaining desired results.
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute (PMI) is REQUIRED. Must upload copy of their Active PMP cert to be considered.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the PMO and program roadmaps. Knowledge of and experience with a variety of complex technical environments and concepts of integration and enterprise architecture.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with system analysis and development methodologies, project management, cost benefit analysis, complex and diverse programming languages, multiple platforms, and operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience with the systems development life cycle and various methodologies including AGILE, data modeling and design, and prototyping.
- Ability to compile, prepare & deliver executive level presentations.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to direct/mentor/coach others to achieve goals through personal enthusiasm and commitment, sets clear achievable goals and manages performance against these goals.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (includes presentations) and effectively manages communications by delivering the right message to the right audience in a timely manner.
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Experience with VITA project management standards, protocols, procedures, and tools preferred.
Pls note: If selected and not already qualified as a Commonwealth Project Manager for Category 1 IT projects (for Va State agencies), the candidate must agree to complete the documented training and experience to successfully complete Commonwealth PM testing (Level 2 exam) and become qualified within 30 days of hiring. There is a$150 fee for obtaining the CoVA cert. DVS will NOT reimburse for this fee. The fee is the responsibility of the contractor or vendor. This CoVA cert is IN ADDITION to their PMP cert (not substitute for PMP). Both are required.
- Knowledge of the PMBOK® process inputs, tools and techniques, outputs
- Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- MS Project, Project online
YSI Salary: $75,000-80,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.