Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDOT Database Admin. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior SQL Server DBA is expected to take on a full and proactive ownership of the SQL Servers in a virtual environment. This includes development, UAT and production. The DBA is expected to work closely with members of the operations team to provide support and troubleshooting.
- Candidates must live in Virginia and be able to go to Clifton Forge, VA location to pick up laptop
- Candidate must be willing and able to go to Clifton Forge, VA once every 60-90 days for staff meeting.
- Plan and migrate SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2019
- Maintain development, UAT and production environments
- Monitor systems and proactively manage and maintain configurations to ensure performance, availability, and stability
- Perform query optimization, performance tuning, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, Query Store, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Develop/Perform backups, restores and disaster recovery plans
- Ensure High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) for SQL Server
- Document and implement changes to databases via proper Change Management methodology
- Perform physical and logical database administration functions as required
- Ensure integrity of all database components, e.g., Table definitions, structure definitions, statistic and indexes status etc.
- Perform MS Service Pack patching procedures
- Provide database assistance and problem support to application developers, business analysts, and quality assurance personnel
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 8 years of SQL Server database administration in a production environment
- Minimum of 4 years of index tuning experience
- Strong communication, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skill.
- Able to work under pressure and take responsibility during situation management
- SQL Server Reporting Services; SQL Server Integration Services
- Troubleshooting SQL Server database issues
- Ability to write complex T-SQL scripts
- Technically enthusiastic and a willingness to learn attitude
Salary: $90,000-95,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.