||Journeyman Cost Estimator
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Journeyman Cost Estimator. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A journeyman analyst must have 3 or more years of demonstrated progressive cost analysis experience in cost analysis principles and concepts including, but not limited to, major weapon systems procurement and operations and support cost estimating, statistical analysis, cost risk & uncertainty modeling, budget formulation, affordability analyses, cost benefit analysis, and other pertinent analytical experience.
- Estimator/Analyst must have a current SECRET clearance
- The Contractor will support the Government’s Configuration Management (CM) process by maintaining the work request or ticket system and providing secretarial support to the TPO ATIS Legacy System Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Technical knowledge of aircraft sustainment both past and current platforms. This knowledge will consist of an understanding of the multiple options for system product support and the cost elements affected by different product support strategies. Working knowledge of logistics associated with aircraft systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel techniques
- Must have at least 2 years concentrated experience doing cost estimating for AF or DOD programs
- Understand drivers and patterns in O&S cost estimates
- A Bachelor’s degree in related discipline is required.
- Must have completed at least one O&S cost estimate with oversight
- Knowledge of the correct application of inflation and price escalation
- Most have demonstrated experience using the AFTOC database and be able to pull and understand how to use the data without AFCAA assistance
Salary: $60,000-65,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.