Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified System Administrator. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
This role is 4 days per week onsite and 1 day remote allowed.
**MUST FOLLOW UNIVERSITY's COVID policies and show proof of Vaccination (be fully vaccinated)
- Provide technical support for day-to-day operations within Configuration Management. Must demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and be adept at tactfully managing a wide array of customers and their needs. Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities required. Understanding of enterprise IT software/hardware Asset Management highly desired.
- Provide day-to-day application administration, management, and technical support for ITSM and CMDB Suite to include Service Desk, Imaging Solution, Patch Management, System Workflows, Mobile Device Management and other areas within the configuration management discipline.
- Assesses, prioritizes, and deploys software updates and security vulnerability patches in order to ensure that computers and servers are secured and protected from external intruders. Write, test, deploy, and support custom code and script as necessary to automate Tasks and IT processes.
- Work within the software approval process with the Software Asset Manager. Match software with licenses. Assist with the package building, deployment and pushing of software to VSU Constituents. Serve as the Service Desk coordinator for the Software Asset Management queue. Ensure software metering. Identify opportunities for reduction in software costs. Streamline Software Reporting on quarter to annual basis.
- Develop and maintain operating system imaging/deployment techniques for both Windows and Apple OS devices in conjunction with various functional levels within the university. Use of Apple School/Business Manager, PXE, MECM task sequence, WinPE, InTune, MEM, etc. are required in this function.
- Create, build and maintain software packages for varieties of deployment types. Maintain software available for installation via software portal and/or InTune/MEM.
- Perform reconciliation audits to compare installed software against licensed software, identifying gaps and ensuring the university remains compliant with contractual true-up cycles. Knowledge and understanding of software metering, auditing and true-up cycles are required.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot the MECM application, CMDB, MEM and SQL Databases as needed.
- Provide reports on reconciliation, audit activities, licensing, warranty and maintenance/support contracts and financial data. Report on Microsoft patch compliance, 3rd party patch compliance, installed software, software versioning within the environment, OS versioning, assets and more using available reporting tools.
- Lead InTune/MEM to include patching and MDM. Provide reports from InTune/MEM environment.
- Build, maintain and provide availability for AWS AppStream 2.0 or Workspaces environment, ensuring software is up to date and licensed. Generate reports from AWS and provide to management. Support and build VDI images, both cloud or on premise hosted.
- Generate, distribute, & review weekly IT asset management and/or configuration management reports, including ITSM metric data.
- Resolve all incident reports within the timelines prescribed for the severity level. Report all academic outages or degraded capabilities within Established client’s SLAs. Update ticket notes with clear and accurate information to ensure that the life cycle of the ticket accurately captured. Effectively communicate with end users to provide excellent customer service when closing tickets.
- Perform some Active Directory and network duties.
- Perform other duties as required by management team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), formerly known as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (5 years)
- Microsoft InTune (3 years)
- Microsoft Server Administration (6 years)
- Active Directory Management and Maintenance (6 years)
- Network Administration (3 years)
- PowerShell Scripting (4 years)
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure Experience, to include AppStream 2.0 (1 year)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Related Field (4 year)
- ITIL Certification (5 years)
- Amazon AWS Certification (4 years)
- Working Knowledge of SQL (5 years)
Salary: $60,000-65,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.