||GIS Analyst 4
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDOT GIS Analyst 4. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
*This is a hybrid position, requiring the candidate to be ONSITE at least 2 days per week.
Sr. GIS Analyst - Office of Intermodal Planning and Investment GIS Analyst
The Office of Intermodal Planning and Investment (OIPI) manages and administers the Commonwealth Transportation Board and Secretary of Transportation's SMART SCALE, VTrans, Project Pipeline and Performance Management programs. OIPI oversees various planning tools for maintaining data, information and metrics concerning SMART SCALE, VTrans, Project Pipeline and Performance reporting. The system features spatial data that includes: roadway inventory, traffic projections, capacity and safety analysis. OIPI seeks an experienced GIS Analyst to assist the OIPI team in maintaining and developing analytical planning tools and spatial data, while providing technical support the Secretary of Transportation's planning initiatives and priorities.
- Maintain the OIPI's GIS planning tools to ensure functionality
- Develop and distribute analytical planning tools
- Implement architecture design and development
- Perform database design and optimization
- Quickly respond to support tickets from users
- Make recommendations for enhancing usability
- Develop and maintain security protocols
- Ability to work with VDOT’s Linear Referencing System and experience using Linear Referencing tools.
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary to document procedures and work with VDOT Planning staff
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Business intelligence and visualization development (6 Years)
- GIS software, architecture, and deployment (6 Years)
- Strong Oracle or related RDBMS skills (6 Years)
- Database design and optimization (6 Years)
- SQL, PL/SQL, VB (6 Years)
Salary: $110,000-115,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.