||Project Manager 4
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified DSS Project Manager 4. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- DSS requires a highly qualified, PMP certified to lead, oversee, monitor and control project execution in accordance with best practices as outlined by the PMBOK. The PM will function under the authority of the VDSS PMO.
- The PM will function in accordance with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as published by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Project Managers will operate under the authority of the VDSS PMO to implement agency enterprise projects as approved by the IT Investment Council (ITIC).
- PM will use existing PMO policies, standard operating procedures, templates, and Microsoft Project, the agency standard software tool for Portfolio Project Management. PMs will work alongside agency PM as illustrated in the chart below:
- Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including: project plans, release plans, resource allocation, and management of project risks, scope, schedule, and delivery of value.
- Coordinates Agile Ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Story Refinement, and Release Planning.
- Tracks and communicates project's progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, stakeholders, and management.
- Establishes an environment where the teams can be effective and helps removing obstacles.
- Protects the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Ensures a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team.
- Tracks and reports team velocity and other project metrics.
- Promotes continuous improvement and helps teams to increase productivity.
- Helps Product Owner and team with Product backlog management.
- Ensures the teams are practicing core Agile principles.
- Adheres to VDSS and VITA project management practices as defined.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile project management principles and practices.
- Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
- Ability to set clear performance standards and hold team members accountable, while keeping the team engaged and on track.
- Ability to help Product Owners to create and prioritize Product Backlog.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Lead project teams to implement and complete assigned IT projects as approved by the ITIC
- Serve as the primary project liaison between VDSS, suppliers, and other external organizations.
- Ensure the Suppliers and external organizations have the information needed to perform the scope of services
- Escalate any issues that compromise the successful and timely completion of the project
- Direct the work and required tasks of the project
- Monitor and control project scope and schedule
- Manage scope change and risk/issue management for the project
- Ensure that the project is clearly defined, efficiently tracked, and consistently communicated
- Communicate project status to the ITIC and all stakeholders
- Ensure that the business and stakeholder requirements and objectives are met by the project deliverables
- The Project Manager will use established PMO templates, that include the following:
- Balanced Scorecard
- Project Requests
- Project Charters
- Project Plans
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Sprint Planning Guidelines
- Communications Plans
- Risk Plans
- Resource Allocation Plans
- Critical Issues Reports (using agency-provided Jira tools)
- Procurement Management Plans
- Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) plans
- Project Change Requests
- Stakeholder Management Plans
- Status Reports
- Testing Plans and Test Acceptance Criteria
- Project closeout documentation
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (10 Years)
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models (10 Years)
- Solid understanding and experience with Scrum / Kanban Agile Methodology (10 Years)
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, and team building (10 Years)
- Certified Scrum Master certification (10 Years)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification (10 Years)
- Remote position, local candidates preferred. Candidate must pick up laptop/equipment ONSITE.
Salary: $120,000-125,000/Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.