Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Cybersecurity Engineer to work at HQ in Herndon, VA. We are looking for someone who has a positive demeanor and an upbeat personality.
- Provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise to teams deploying applications into common cloud computing platforms from ideation to deployment
- Provide recommendations to improve the architecture and operational processes for on-premises and cloud systems
- Provide a clear cybersecurity roadmap for cybersecurity tools in coordination with IT infrastructure team
- Coordinate with senior leadership and business owners to determine security needs and requirements
- Support ISO 27001, DoD CMMC, RMF security controls and POA&M activities
- Validate IT systems and applications infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices
- Review security tools and services to support vulnerability assessment, security scan, penetration testing, and make recommendations to IT team
- Mentor system administrators, developers, and other staff for security best practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with cybersecurity major, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years related work experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) preferred
Security and Technical Experience
- Should have a minimum of 5-7 years of direct, documented, and verifiable experience with the following:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
90K+ Annual, Plus Benefits
- Experience with deploying enterprise-wide, complex technology projects
- Experience and strong working knowledge of cloud computing technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Ability to script and automate mundane tasks using tools such as Python and native functionality (CloudFormation)
- Expert-level debugging skills, including the ability to analyze common markup languages such as XML or JSON
- Experience and strong working knowledge of managing security infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM, and log management technology)
- Experience and strong working knowledge of vulnerability management tools
- Experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct risk assessment exercises on new applications and services
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure – applications, databases, operating systems, network infrastructure, cloud services
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.