Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a senior level Project Manager (PM) to lead the implementation of its Statewide Voter Registration and Election Management System (SVRS). The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Core Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Participate in contract negotiations as required by ELECT.
- Quickly develop familiarity with the scope and requirements of proposed project and the contract documents.
- Identify, document, and facilitate new and open critical project business decisions, dependencies, and actions, necessary to successfully implement SVRS. Exp with voting/election environment helpful but not required.
- Manage project deliverables and communications with SVRS vendor project manager.
- Track and communicate risks throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Enter project milestones and financial investments using Planview Enterprise One, the Commonwealth Technology Portfolio (CTP) tool. Exp with Planview tool helpful but not required. *PM will need to learn how to use the Planview tool if selected.
- Ensure that releases across multiple agile teams are executed and delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Direct project teams, release planning and resource forecasting/capacity planning.
- Manage approved changes to the project scope and schedule as necessary and in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia Project Management Standard.
- Coordinate and facilitate cadences for project planning, sprint planning, backlog reviews, and retrospectives.
- Report and escalate path blockers to executive and senior management as needed.
- Provide routine reporting of project status to various role levels within the organization.
**HIGHLY DESIRED exp with Commonwealth Project Management (CPM) methodologies in large-scale projects (greater than $10 million and medium to high complexity). make sure it’s clearly reflected on your resume. Exp within Federal govt is not same as COV exp. we are seeking.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.