Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a woman-owned small business enterprise, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Application Developer to work Portland, OR. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Confer with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
- Create and test applications for websites
- Direct or perform Website updates.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types
- Edit, write, or design website content, and direct team members as required
- Maintain and understand the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups
- Back up files from web sites to local directories for recovery
- Identify problems uncovered by customer feedback and test, and correct or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determine user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Work with business owners and subject matter experts to turn business needs into technical requirements.
Qualification and skills:
- B.S in computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing web-based applications
- Reading, analyzing, and understanding complex code bases of existing projects
- Good to have PHP development background
- Familiarity with natural resource management, especially Forestry
- Experience in a government
- Experience developing in a government intranet.
- NET programming languages. (C# or VB)
- Web services
- Browser stack (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Accessible (WCAG) and secure development practices (e.g., OWASP, NIST)
- Formal AGILE development as a part of team environment
- Formal DevOps, working knowledge of well-known version control systems (such as git or team foundation services)
- Intranet and internet focused, browser based, large scale applications
- Database operations and design for Oracle and SQL Server.
Salary- $70K-$80K/Annum with Benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.