Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a woman-owned small business enterprise, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Database Administrator with minimum of 7 years of experience in Database Technologies. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Database Technologies
- Demonstrated experience in Relational Database Technologies including MS SQL and SQL Cluster
- Demonstrated Experience in Defining and Implementing Production Proactive Health Monitoring of the Database Technology
- Strong Incident Root Cause Analysis on Database Execution and Application Interaction with Database Technology
- Demonstrated Database Performance and Resource Tuning skills
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Serve as the administrator for SQL Cluster Server
- Maintain and improve SQL database, identify and implement fixes to system bugs, upgrade/modify database structure based on program need
- Provide helpdesk services
- Maintain secure operating environment in compliance with government standards
- Monitor system performance and identifying problems that arise
- Ensure that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss
- Report on metrics regarding usage and performance
- Suggest changes and improvements for maintenance or protection
- Regular liaising with IT project managers and database programmers
- Design databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.