YSI is seeking a highly qualified Junior Engineer with minimum of 3+ years of experience to work at our client place in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide Operations and maintenance support
- Handle System and Cloud Administration activities
- Provide infrastructure support including maintaining the components required to operate and manage the backend environment, in coordination with the PM and the Technical Operations Lead
- Ensure that application uptime, efficiency, performance, and overall integrity result in a more streamlined system environment
- Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Modify and improving existing systems
- Train teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Design, develop and deploy modular cloud-based systems.
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Ensure issues are tracked & reported through regular weekly & bi-weekly status reports, and technical update calls
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Review existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
Required Educational Qualifications / Certifications:
- B.S degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in IT security
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of cloud computing
- Extensive experience in infrastructure support services
- Experience in engineering, site production operations, and analysis.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.