||Senior Java Developer
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Senior Java Developer with minimum of 10 years of experience to work at our client place in Herndon, VA. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment
- Work with product owner, tech lead in developing key components next generation market risk platform.
- Use the best open-source tools available to solve complex problem and deliver elegant solution to meet business and technical solutions.
- Produce peer reviewed quality secure software and practice automated testing for all the new code being developed.
- Produce design and solution document and review the same with various stakeholders.
- Uses questions and proposals to clarify the requirements.
- Review ideas with other team members and defend ideas during the review, challenge other’ solution proposal
- Demonstrates logic, reasoning and critical thinking skills in solving problems.
- As part of T-shaped agile team, be a strong individual contributor as well as team player help others in meeting sprint goals.
- Pro-active in planning detailed activities, raise hand in seeking help, lend hand in removing blockers to meet the sprint goals.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
Required Educational Qualifications / Certifications:
- B.S Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- More than 10 years of Java Development experience
- 5 years of AWS experience and experience deploying applications to the Cloud
- Strong experience (3-5 years) in OO design patterns, multi-threaded systems and automated unit testing.
- Experience in processing large scale data, database concepts and SQL.
- Experience in building microservices and integration with RESTful API, XML & JSON processing.
- Relevant AWS technology skills (2-3 years)
- Expert knowledge in the JAVA.
- AWS EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Batch, AWS Lambda, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS RDS and AWS S3 (API)
- AWS Code commit, Code Deploy and Code Pipeline.
- Proficiency in Linux, Container-based virtualized deployment- e.g. Docker (AMI), ECS and ECR
- Exposure or experience in using following JAVA open-source libraries,
- Spring framework (including spring cloud), Hibernate
- Apache Common, Http Client, HTTP Core, Xerces, POI, FOP, iText
- Log4j, SLF4j, Jackson, Open Telemetry, Open Census & Open Tracing
- Exposure the Unit test frameworks,
- Mockito, PowerMock
- Cucumber, Robot framework
- Exposure or experience in enterprise integration patterns,
- Enterprise service bus (publish-subscribe)
- Single sign-on integration patterns.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.