||Lead Senior Software Developer/Program Manager
Yakshna Solutions, Inc. (YSI) is seeking a highly qualified Cyber Security Engineer, Information Security System Officer. Provide information security support to the NGB J6 JIEE Branch, ISSM, and ISSO regarding receiving and/or renewing ATOs (Authority to Operate) and passing audits.
- Serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Ensures that the certification and accreditation (C&A) of standalone computers and networks completed by the vendor under the PWS meet all applicable regulations and guidelines
- Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades.
- Maintain responsibility for managing Cybersecurity risk from a business and agency perspective.
- Identify organization risks, prioritize those risks, and maintain a risk registry for escalating and presenting those risks to senior leadership.
- Research, develop, implement, test and review NGB J6 JIEE Branch’s information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.
- ISSOs shall inform users about security measures, explain potential threats, install software, implement security measures and monitor networks.
- Gather information necessary to maintain security and establish functioning external barriers such as firewalls and other security measures.
- Define, create and maintain the documentation for certification and accreditation of each information system in accordance with government requirements.
- Assess the impacts on system modifications and technological advances.
- Review systems and logs in order to identify potential security weaknesses, verify security methods, and recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities
- Implement and document findings and changes.
- Assist in managing and maintaining and closing vulnerabilities
- Assist in managing and maintaining a plan of action and milestones (POA&M)
- Inspecting computer hardware prior to disposal
- Assist with assessing and responding to security-related requests within various ticketing systems
- Assist with maintaining operational security posture for information systems
- Assist with performing risk assessment analysis to support Assessment and Authorization (A&A)
- Assist with preparing and reviewing A&A documentation in accordance with ICD 503
- Experience with providing configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware and coordinating changes and modifications with the ISSM, Security Control Assessor (SCA), and Authorizing Official (AO)
- Experience with reviewing system security audit logs and leveraging network scanning software to perform vulnerability or risk assessment analysis for the RME, including maintaining vulnerability scanning tool compliance, such as Host Based Security System (HBSS) or Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and patch management, such as Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) to ensure IT staff pushes patches to all systems in an effort to maintain compliance with all applicable directives, managing system changes, and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Experience in interfacing with information assurance managers, including reviewing documentation, such as systems security plans (SSPs), risk assessment reports, C&A packages, and Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Candidates must be highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Candidates must be able to work in partnership with Government and other contractor personnel within the Government work space.
- Candidates need excellent communications, teamwork, leadership and conflict management skills.
- An active Secret clearance
- DoD8570 IAM II
- Education: DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 7+ years experiences
- Five years of IT security experience for Federal customer
Core business hours : Between 0700-1700 EST, Monday through Friday
Location: Arlington, VA
Annual Salary: $120K, Plus Benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.