||Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator
Yakshna Solutions, Inc. (YSI) is seeking a qualified and experienced Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator to work on client location HI. You must have an Active Secret Clearance.
- Desired candidate should possess 5+ years of experience as Linux Systems Administrator.
- Primary role involves configuration, Operation and maintenance of client-side Linux servers
- Candidate should have experience with Red Hat Linux Server and Client Operating Systems, Various Linux applications including CACTI, LDAP, RADIUS and SYSLOG type add-ins. Hardening of Servers and Client OS and Applications. Upgrading of RHEL from Ver 6 to Ver 7/8. Open SSL Tools and PKI Encryption experience, RHEL to Windows Active Directory integration, Smart card authentication installation, Redhat kickstart Automated installations and Satellite patch management.
- Perform day to day Systems Administration on PMRF networks based onH given priorities.
- Build, Red Hat Servers and Clients from provided installation media (Source Image Disks as well as standard installation packages are common)
- Install and maintain various Linux based applications to include CACTI Monitoring, LDAP Services for other Enterprise type networks where Linux Servers reside
- Install, operate and maintain Authentication, Access and Accountability (AAA) services such as TACACS, RADIUS and SYSLOG type applications
- Analysis, design and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance by correction errors.
- Perform ACAS (including SCAP assessment functionality) scanning
- Interpret automated scans to identify vulnerabilities, managing Linux related POA & amp; M entries and ensuring vulnerabilities are properly tracked, patched, mitigated, and resolved.
- Should coordinate with the ISSM, initiate protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered and ensure that a process is in place for authorized users to report all cybersecurity-related events and potential threats and vulnerabilities to the ISSO/CSO/ISSM.
- Ensure that all DoD IS cybersecurity-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Interface with Information System Owners, end users, subcontractors and N6 Cyber Security team to complete required RMF Deliverables and cybersecurity maintenance activities required by the system.
- Develop, revise, and update Departmental Internal Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures for maintenance on associated systems.
- Support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configuration and user data files
- Work with System Managers and Subject Matter Experts to prepare, review, and submit Navy RMF process deliverables regarding Red Hat Linux instances.
- Perform system hardening on Red Hat Operating Systems, Apace server/site applications and other applications installed in the environment.
- Perform upgrade from RHEL6 to RHEL7/8 18. Implement Smart Card authentication 19. Implement Active Directory Authentication
- Assist other Systems Administrators by providing On the Job Training for Linux Administration
- Certification in DoDD 8570.01M IAT Level II (Security +) baseline, and possess a Linux computing environment is mandatory.
- At least a Course Completion certificate of CompTIA Linux+ with a Course in Red Hat Linux Administration
Annual Salary: $95-100K, Plus benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.