||IT Software Asset Mgmt Specialist
Our Virginia local state client is looking for an IT Software Asset Mgmt. Specialist in Richmond, VA for full time, long term engagement. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP
- interviews will be conducted via Skype or Google Hangout.
- candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
Independently seeks and identifies opportunities to ensure effective and efficient agency ITAM operations. Analyzes industry best practices, standards, regulatory requirements, & guidelines, and fosters solutions/offers recommendations to solve common agency-oriented problems. Serves as a primary vendor and customer interface to ensure coordination and communication of Agency interests in multiple functional areas – independently makes decisions and ensures proper resolution of issues and problems. Escalates issues to IT management when necessary and appropriate. Coordinates the ongoing implementation and removal of agency-managed software assets, assesses and facilitates purchases as appropriate. Researches alternatives and recommends solutions/configurations for agency-managed software licenses. Serves as administrator of IT asset management tools and data, researches, prepares and defends process improvement methodologies. Investigates and reconciles financial billings, and ensures compliance with Commonwealth of Virginia Standards. Analyzes operational practices and ensures compliance with security and legal guidelines. Coordinates and communicates best practices, processes, and solutions with ancillary Agency IT supporting organizations and groups (i.e. VDOT District Technology Resource Managers (DTRM), other COVA agencies, and vendors).
- Serves as Agency vendor interface liaison for multiple products and processes
- Assumes responsibility for projects/sub-projects, and serves as a functional project manager when appropriate – supports management by providing timely input to ad-hoc requests
- Functions as the agency IT Software Asset Management (ITAM) subject matter expert
- Supports ongoing operations of VDOT ITAM software licensing compliance tools to ensure data quality and integrity
- Develops ITAM plans, projects, policies and procedures – solicits input and crafts solutions to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Researches, comprehends, and manages software license agreements to ensure compliance -- conducts regular audits of software asset terms & conditions
- Ensures accuracy of software asset inventories; facilitates adjustments as required for license compliance and effective business operations
- Develops and presents management reports, trends, and metrics
- Monitors the Service and Asset Management System for incoming requests to ensure that customer requests are processed and fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Hands-on Experience with discovery tools and inventory systems (i.e. LANDESK)
- Self-motivated work ethic, critical thinker, independent work breakdown planner and manager
- Knowledge of IT asset management best practices
- Awareness of successful customer service strategies, demonstrated interpersonal skills, and strong verbal & written communications competence
- Strong analytical and organizational traits; demonstrated ability to manage concurrent activities
- Understanding of software usage rights, terms & conditions
- Data management and presentation expertise