Our Virginia local state client is looking for a Platform/GIS Architect in Richmond, VA for full time, long term engagement. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP
- local candidates strongly preferred
- ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a phone and/or webex interview, NO exceptions
- candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
candidates MUST possess GISP certification, NO exceptions
The VDOT IT Division is seeking a Platform and GIS Architect to support ongoing architecture activities. The selected candidate will adhere to defined standards to architect and design software systems; comply with collection of measurements of accomplishments; contribute to the quality and delivery of the technical documentation for software solutions; create overall application architectures, component designs, and systems integration and implementations for a particular business solution. Candidate will lead the effort in defining, documenting and estimating the following for enterprise applications: requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, on-prem, hybrid and cloud topologies, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, system inputs and output. The selected candidate will collaborate with other IT staff to assess business needs and requirements and translate them into automated solutions; will produce relevant solution design artifacts including but not limited to: technical estimates, conceptual, logical and physical system designs, sequence diagrams, and data models; will coordinate new system development to ensure it is consistent and well-integrated with existing application systems and COTS solutions; analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with hardware and other programs; and will consult with clients to prototype, architect, and design applications to meet needs.
- 5+ years direct experience in enterprise-level application design and integration, specifically with ESRI ArcGIS systems
- 5+ years direct experience in cloud application (Azure/AWS) architecture.
- 5 + years with extensive knowledge of various methods for describing the location and distribution of land, sea, and air masses including their physical locations, relationships, and characteristics.
- Experience with SAFe architecture and proven work experience with Agile/Scrum teams.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas.
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- GISP Certification