Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a woman-owned small business enterprise, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Learning Instructor with minimum of 5+ years of experience to work at our client place in San Antonio, TX. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Providing consultant support to force development governance structures.
- Establishing a framework to collect, prioritize, validate, and implement functional requirements for the Air Force Cloud-based Learning Environment.
- Identifying, assessing and cataloging multi-domain experiential learning opportunities (Developmental Special Experiences) to ensure inclusion into the Air Force Cloud-based Learning Environment.
- Identifying a framework to create, implement, and continuously evaluate programmatic accreditation standards leading to an Air Force credentialing process. Providing recommendations in establishing a digital badging framework. Assisting Career Field Managers (CFMs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) facilitating Working Groups to create digital badges within the career fields (~236 across the AF).
- Preparing and presenting briefings to senior leaders. These briefings vary by division and are conducted as required (range from 2-5 times a month across the divisions).
- Establishing the analytics required to anticipate, create decision space for and actively respond to requirements for critical skills or changes in end strength requirements to support Air Force readiness.
- Evaluating and drafting policies, processes, and procedures to support force development and to track learning across an airman’s career to include: Developmental Special Experiences (DSE), Airmen Learning Record (ALR), Registrar activity, e-catalog, Accreditation and Certification, and the Air Force Cloud-based Learning Environment.
- Performing FD planning, analysis, and liaison functions across accessions/recruiting, technical training, flying training, career field managers, and education. 2
- Establishing, supporting and operating a FD Gateway to receive, distribute, and track customer inputs from submission through completion.
- Performing Learning Professionals (LP) instructional systems functions in support of LP education and training program initiatives. Lead efforts in LP social media platforms, LP website and communities of practice and communities of interest programs (content curation, analytics, communicate with stakeholders, and provide solutions to improve the social media platforms). Executing assigned LP initiatives in support of Strategic Action Plans (SAP) and providing project management oversight for assigned projects. Contractor personnel shall assist in planning and executing the annual LP Consortium that has approximately 200 attendees.
- Identifying, validating, assessing, developing competency models, and implementing competencies.
- Developing strategy to conduct competency-based learning that would allow for competencies to be used as the common currency from initial learning to workplace development.
- Implementing strategies that allow for competency-based learning to take place in the learning environment and the workplace.
- Devising means to assess competencies within the learning environment into the workplace
Required Educational Qualifications / Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree for A3J consultants) and a minimum of five years of experience in fields specifically related to adult education, learning science, learning methodologies, educational technology, competency- based learning, competency-based assessment/evaluation and/or academic leadership. (Example GS-1750 Instructional System Specialist or equivalent).
A Program Management certification or a strong understanding of project management is desired.
- A3J requires some Human Resources Management (Personnel Development) experience.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of programs; understand using social media as a learning platform; knowledgeable of developments in augmented/virtual reality gaming, and simulation; and familiar with operation of learning management/student information systems.
- Individuals should have an understanding of IT integration and systems used to document learning achievements.
- Individuals shall also have experience in distance learning and experience in facilitating working groups.
- Experience in communication, marketing, and military is desired, but is not required.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.