Business Analyst - Madison WI
• Responsibilities: consulting to businesses, functions, and geographies that utilize IT services and drives effective business engagement for IT. Understands the specific goals and needs of the business, function, or geography and represents those needs to the IT organization. Develops and maintains relationships with appropriate members of the business/function/geography organization. Works to align business, function, and geography requirements with IT plans and priorities. Facilitates business, function, and geography involvement in IT projects to identify requirements, gather feedback, and finalize scope. Identifies opportunities for IT to leverage solutions across business, function, and geographic organizations. Establishes effective processes for managing the relationship on an ongoing basis. Communicates IT standards and new IT solutions, processes, and policies to the businesses, functions, and geographies. Connects business/function/geography customers with appropriate IT technical resources when technical discussions are necessary. Specialist: Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Job Specific Skills/Special Functions:
• Business Analyst experience in the IT field isalys required.
• Experience reading and executing SQL is required.
• Ability to understand Business Objects universe design is preferred.
• Experience creating and modifying Business Objects reports is preferred.
• Healthcare/Medicaid experience is a plus.
• Prior experience working with a data warehouse preferred.
• Requirements determination using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/ validation.
• Decomposition of high-level information into details.
• Abstracting low-level information.
• Distinguishing requests vs. needs.
• Distinguishing requirements vs. solutions.
• Classifying/ prioritizing requirements.
• Requirements change management and traceability.
• Identifying risks.
• Applying creativity to solving complex problems.
• Building relationships and working collaboratively.
• Effective verbal/ written communication.
• Experience in an industry domain.
• Developing structured user manuals and training.
• Business rules modeling.
• Develop and executing acceptance test plans.
Typically a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience Programming/supporting business and/or technical solutions; system analysis and design. A working knowledge of life cycle methodology. In depth knowledge in one or more functional areas.
Skill Required /Desired Amount of Experience
• Experience designing and developing Java applications - Required 10 Years.
• Knowledge of Maven Poms Required - Required 1 Year.
• Experience with tools such as Required - Required 1 Year.
• Experience with Subversion, Git, Jenkins - Required 1 Year.
• Experience with databases and and SQL - Required 5 Years.
• Experience with Struts - Required 1 Years.
• Experience with Weblogic - Required 1 Years.
• Knowledge of Bootstrap - Required 1 Years.
• General knowledge of Finance, POS, HR, WMS, or sales - Required 1 Years.
• Knowledge of Unix - Required 1 Years.
• Experience integrating on premise applications with cloud based applications - Required 1 Years.