||Technical Writer 4
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Senior Applications Architect. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop solutions to different innovative ideas, OSI purpose, goals, and portfolio statement
- Reimagining transportation through a culture of innovation
- Innovating through a set of high impact imperatives
- Enhanced customer experience through Connected Mobility
- Working smarter and proactively though the use of data analytics and automation
- Meeting travelers' expectations by preparing for Connected and Automated Vehicles and Intelligent Infrastructure
- Leveraging renewable energy and climate friendly approaches to make VDOT more resilient
- Improving safety through the use of robotics
- Gain broad understanding of the VDOT innovation framework
- Support conceptualizing innovative solutions based on industry best of breed solutions, protocols, tools, platforms, and services
- Understand and conceptualize modern data services – bringing private sector data to work with agency data to provide a cohesive comprehensive data strategy to support various innovation portfolio initiatives
- Be the resident solution architect and integration specialist - explore alternatives to architect and design solutions to large and complex problems;
- contribute to the quality and delivery of the technical documentation for solutions; create overall application and solution architectures, component designs, and systems integration and implementations for a particular business solution
- Produce relevant solution design artifacts including but not limited to technical estimates, conceptual, logical and physical system designs, sequence diagrams, and data models.
- Coordinate new system development to ensure it is consistent and well-integrated with existing application systems and COTS solutions.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with hardware and other programs; and will consult with clients to prototype, architect, and design applications to meet needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years direct experience in solution development, application design and integration.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Salary: $150,000/Annually with benefits.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.