|Information System Security officer
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes the following: 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Information System Security officer (ISSO). The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Accounting.
- Four (4) plus years in IT Cyber Security, ensure applicable cybersecurity policies are implemented.
- Maintain operational security posture consistent with current security policy. Establish and Maintain policies and procedures as required by the DoD RMF and US Army.
- Distribute cybersecurity notices and advisories to appropriate personnel and ensure that vendor-issued security patches are expeditiously installed. Serve as primary security contact to system owner, common control providers, and users.
- Serve as focal point for cybersecurity incident reporting and subsequent resolution. Ensure all security related SDLC documentation meet all identified security needs.
- Maintain Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation for the information system.
- Ensure latest relevant Security Technical Implementation Guides are applied to all servers. Assist System Owner, Information Owner, and ISSM in recording all known security weaknesses of assigned information systems in POA&Ms IAW US Army policy and procedures.
- Provide security advice to System Owner and Project Manager on all matters (technical and otherwise) involving security of the information system. Ensure required updates are performed to key documents in accordance with NIST SP 800-37 for continuous monitoring.
- Identify changes to systems that may impact security controls, perform security impact assessment of proposed changes, report any change in risk posture, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Ensure proper backup procedures exist for assigned information systems and that procedures are performed and tested in accordance with System Security Plan.
- Maintain accurate listing of system components (hardware/software) and respective version numbers. Complete mandatory annual specialized information security training.
- Perform system/software updates and reboots as required. Maintain system authorization package in eMASS.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the customer and provide security related input regarding the information system.
- Must maintain compliance with IAT Level II Certification requirements of DOD857.01M and IT Level II requirements of AR 25-2.
- Must maintain an approved cloud certification for administrators.
- Secret security clearance required.
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.