||VDOT IT Asset Mgmt Specialist Sys Admin
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a CMMI Level 3 assessed, ISO 9001, 20000:1, 27001 certified, woman-owned small business enterprises, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality, and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes the following: 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training, and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDOT IT Asset Management Specialist. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- Independently seeks and identifies opportunities to ensure effective and efficient agency ITAM operations. Analyzes industry best practices, standards, regulatory requirements, & guidelines, and fosters solutions/offers recommendations to solve common agency-oriented problems.
- Serves as a primary vendor and customer interface to ensure coordination and communication of Agency interests in multiple functional areas – independently makes decisions and ensures proper resolution of issues and problems. Escalates issues to IT management when necessary and appropriate.
- Coordinates the ongoing implementation and removal of agency-managed, PC hardware and software assets, assesses and facilitates purchases as appropriate. Researches alternatives and recommends solutions/configurations for agency-managed PCs and software licenses.
- Serves as administrator of IT asset management tools and data, researches, prepares and defends process improvement methodologies. Investigates and reconciles financial billings, and ensures compliance with Commonwealth of Virginia Standards.
- Analyzes operational practices and ensures compliance with security and legal guidelines. Coordinates and communicates best practices, processes, and solutions with ancillary Agency IT supporting organizations and groups (i.e. VDOT District Technology Resource Managers (DTRM), other COVA agencies, and vendors).
- Serves as Agency vendor interface liaison for multiple products and processes
- Assumes responsibility for projects/sub-projects, and serves as a functional project manager when appropriate and supports management by providing timely input to ad-hoc requests
- Functions as the agency IT Asset Management (ITAM) subject matter expert
- Supports ongoing operations of VDOT Service and Asset Management System (SAMS), ITAM discovery and management tools and serves as technical system administrator & ensures data quality and integrity
- Develops ITAM plans, projects, policies and procedures and solicits input and crafts solutions to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Researches, comprehends, and manages software and hardware license agreements to ensure compliance -- conducts regular audits of software and hardware asset terms & conditions
- Ensures accuracy of hardware and software asset inventories; facilitates adjustments as required for license compliance and effective business operations
- Develops and presents management reports, trends, and metrics
- Monitors the Service and Asset Management System for incoming requests to ensure that customer requests are processed and fulfilled in a timely manner
- Manages the PC Refresh process for VDOT Central Office and provide guidance and/or support for the refresh process for VDOT statewide
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Hands-on Experience with discovery tools and inventory systems (i.e. Ivanti Endpoint Manager) (3 Years)
- Self-motivated work ethic, critical thinker, independent work breakdown planner and manager (3 Years)
- IT asset management best practices (3 Years)
- Awareness of successful customer service strategies, demonstrated interpersonal skills, and strong verbal & written communications competence (3 Years)
- Strong analytical and organizational traits; demonstrated ability to manage concurrent activities (3 Years)
- Understanding of software usage rights, terms & conditions (3 Years)
- Data management and presentation expertise (3 Years)
- Dedication to cost-awareness and containment (3 Years)
- Process development and improvement (3 Years)
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.