||Cloud Engineer 3
Our Virginia local state client is looking for Cloud Engineer 3 in Richmond, VA for full time, long term engagement. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP
Local candidates are HIGHLY preferred.
- interviews will be conducted via phone, Skype or Google Hangout.
- candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
Cloud Engineer to Support VDOT Transportation Management Systems
Position is needed to support several Transportation Management Systems that will either be transitioned to or implemented in the Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment.
Formal Education & Certification
Degree in computer science or software engineering and/or 13 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix or Windows) at the command-line level.
- Strong scripting skillset.
- Multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking.
- Understanding of cloud security best practices.
- Experience with templates and other configurable items to enable automation.
- Familiarity with deployment techniques (and tools) in a distributed environment.
- Basic monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment.
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services.
- Understanding of stateless and loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Familiarity developing with RESTful API interfaces.
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with messaging and queuing services.
- Infrastructure as Code: design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning, automation of infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages (C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Salary: $94K Plus Benefits