||Database Administrator - Ohio
Yakshna Solutions, Inc. (YSI) is seeking a qualified and experienced Database Administrator - Full Time with strong experience in Agile Development, federal compliance areas to work on our federal customer project. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment. This position requires US Citizen candidates and should have Active Secret Security Clearances.
Below are the job responsibilities-
- Must be proficient managing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and 2016 to include setting up security, creating tables, indexes, stored procedures, designing SQL reports, and creating maintenance jobs etc.
- Must know best practices for optimizing databases.
- Experience with creating and maintain databases in a Clustered Server environment.
- Shows knowledge of the design, development and maintenance of various data models and their components.
- Working knowledge of data lakes, data warehouse and data mart architectures.
- Familiar with metadata and data modeling, data flow, entity relationship diagram, schema architectures and query languages.
- Should be familiar with mirroring database servers, log shipping, latest techniques for Database redundancy and high Availability.
- Must be familiar with full backup and recovery capabilities of the Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and 2016 platform.
- Must have hands on experience with upgrading SQL Servers from lower versions to the latest version (version 2016 and up).
- Must be familiar with creating reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Must be able to setup a Reporting server.
- Responsible for all DBA functions and report development.
- Familiar with Software Systems development Architecture and Design
The candidate should have 5 years of experience in following-
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and 2016 Database administration
- Subject matter expertise on Clustered Server environments.
- Storage Implementation, maintenance and support.
- Subject matter expertise on setting up security, creating tables, indexes, stored procedures.
- Network Traffic and Optimization practices and technologies.
- Designing SQL reports, and creating related stored procedures.
- Optimizing databases.
- Index Efficiency and Maintenance.
- Table Partitioning.
- User access and other Database Technical supports.
- Design, development and maintenance of various data models and their components.
- Implementation Database and web server monitoring.
- Server patching.
- Database backup.
- Database migration.
- Quality Assurance (QA), lower environment data refresh and familiar with the tools.
- Be an expert with federal regulations and guidance concerning data, database and applications.
- Resolve issues encountered and work independently as technical expert.
- Educational Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT specialist position with certifications in the latest system and networking disciplines, virtualization practices and technologies, as well as (Priority consideration for) certifications in Microsoft SQL Administration.
- Minimum of an undergraduate (Bachelors) degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or a related field from a regionally accredited University registered with the Department of Education.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Location: Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
Annual Salary: $100,000 plus Benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.