• Must be hands-on Java/JEE developer with design experience and be able to speak to/provide examples if requested.
• Candidate with experience in IBM SOA product IIB preferred. If not, list the SOA tools that you have experience with.
• This is a role for a hands on Java/JEE developer with design exp. They must be able to speak to/provide examples of their work. This is not a role for someone who has been managing the development team or
can't give detailed technical examples of their work.
• Looking for candidates with hands on 10+ years experience, with an enthusiastic, creative attitude.
• ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview after a successful phone interview is requested and completed.
• This position will serve as a senior application developer for the DMAS Information Management Division in the design, development, and maintenance of Java/ JEE based applications.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design Methodology and Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Observer, Proxy, Demand, etc. is required.
• Expertise in Core Java concepts, such as OOP Design, Multi-Threading, Generics, Exception Handling, Collections, Java Reflection, Annotation is required.
• Extensive practical experience in building enterprise applications using Java EE technologies is required.
• Experience in ORM frameworks, Configuration management, Build and testing tools is required.
• Experience in application servers is desired.
• Experience in IBM SOA products like IIB (**highly desired). Other tools like ODM, WAS, MQ will be considered but IIB is preferred.
• Experience in Medicaid or Health Insurance is a big plus.
• Good understanding of relational database concepts, specifically Oracle, and software development life cycle is required.
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills is required.
• Plan and complete assigned work, plan, communicate effectively orally and in writing; motivate and work with people; quickly adapt to new technical environments (multiple disciplines); manage multiple projects
with dynamic priorities; be equally adept at highly technical and strategic issues/projects. Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking. Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates,
commit and deliver accordingly.
• Proven experience with multiple operating systems: Linux/Unix/Windows. Develop, test, debug, document, and maintain Java/JEE applications. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with occasional non-
business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects. Understand and interpret customer requirement and develop solutions to meet requirements. Develop and
maintain system documentation, including technical specifications, data mapping, program logic and flowcharts.