||Accessibility Program Analyst REMOTE
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a woman-owned small business enterprise, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified VDH Accessibility Program Analyst. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
- The Accessibility Program Analyst will create and publish accessible content, products, and systems. Ensure accessibility needs are clearly defined in development/systems requirements and contracting documents. The Accessibility Program job duties are but not limited to
- Assist in gathering and documenting user and agency needs for use in program development and evaluation.
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures, and manuals.
- Validate accessible content against accessibility requirements and consult on the effective delivery of technical remediation instructions.
- Assist in remediation documentation and generate reports for presentation to various stakeholders.
- Write documentation for, edit, and maintain accessibility websites.
- Assist in providing user instruction and guidance on internal and external sites, as it relates to accessibility.
- Caption site videos and provide video transcriptions.
- Assist with ensuring conformance of PDF files, data tables, visualizations, and other media.
- Create and publish informational content for site articles, blogs, and newsletters.
- Design, prepare and distribute educational aids and materials.
- Develop and edit educational content on accessibility auditing software.
- Assist in identification and remediation of content falling out of compliance.
- Provide assistance in various administrative activities as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of professional experience (can include internships).
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines, Section 508, assistive technologies such as screen readers, and a basic understanding of accessibility problems facing users with disabilities. (2 Years)
- Understanding of UI and the principals involved in inclusive and universal design. (2 Years)
- Proven ability to explain complex problems and solutions clearly and accurately. (2 Years)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently. (2 Years)
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and grammatical skills with strong attention to detail (submit 2-3 writing samples). (2 Years)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel). (2 Years)
- The candidate must be available during normal business hours; this is a remote position.
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in assistive technology, accessibility, occupational therapy, and/or human computer interaction.
- Trusted Tester V5 or any IAAP certification.
- Knowledge and experience using data visualization dashboards (Tableau, ArcGIS, etc).
- Experience with instructional design and/or educational theory.
Salary: $85,000-90,000 Annually with benefits
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.