Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a woman-owned small business enterprise, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified Helpdesk Specialist with minimum of 3+ years of experience to work at our client place in Fort Knox, KY. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment
- Operate and maintain the IT equipment and software includes image, install, configure, troubleshoot, scan, and repair computer workstations, thin client workstations, personal digitals assistant (PDA) devices, printers, and current operating systems (WIN 10).
- Load, configure, and troubleshoot software applications
- Perform administrative tasks in support of deployment services such as equipment documentation, inventory changes, customer contact updates, service issue processing, resolution of system troubles encountered with problems and deployment efforts, documentation of assessment, and timely closeout of service orders
- Lock systems out of the network that are not authorized or moved without coordination through the Government IAM, and report associated incidents
- Enforce the Information Systems (IS) security guidance policies as provided by the IAM, and perform Cyber Security/Information Assurance duties
- Perform system access, operation, maintenance, and disposition requirements
- Report security violations and incidents to the servicing Regional Computer Emergency Response Team (RCERT)
- Ensure systems are maintained with current anti-virus (AV) engines and definitions on all Information Systems.
- Submit, review, verify currency and updates user profiles, accounts accesses and logins
- Remove departing users’ accounts/profiles before departure
- Terminate inactive accounts verified as no longer required that exceed 45 days
- Maintain and use at least 2 separate accounts for access to network resources, 1 for their privileged level access and a separate general user, non-privileged level account for routine procedures.
- Monitor IS performance to ensure that recovery processes, security features, and procedures are properly restored after an IS has been rebooted an unaltered
- Perform equipment custodian duties as necessary
- Notify the IAM when a system is no longer used to process sensitive information, or when changes occur that might affect Certification & Accreditation (C&A), to obtain disposition or resolution instructions
- Ensure Configuration Management (CM) for security relevant IS software and hardware is maintained and documented
- Implement and test IS and data backup procedures for integrity
- Perform audit trails, conduct reviews and create archives as direct by the Lead, Chief of IT Operations, or the IAM.
Required Educational Qualifications / Certifications:
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent or Associate Degree
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.