Our Virginia local state client is looking for an SCC Cloud Engineer 1 in Richmond, VA full time engagement.
- local candidates strongly preferred
- interviews will be conducted via phone or onsite.
- candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
OIS requires the need of a Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer that specializes in providing security for cloud-based solutions.
This person will be involved in leading the Information Security Team on new cloud architecture designs, resulting in robust, reliable, and secure cloud platform solutions that will play an integral part in advancing the Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence at the Commission. As part of the team, you will be expected to participate in cloud implementation efforts, work with IT Teams, vendors and secure the cloud infrastructure(s). Provide written documentation for all processes and procedures to reduce any audit findings per the CIS Benchmarks. The individual will be involved in learning a deep understanding of the Commission’s Cloud-as-a-Service varieties including PaaS, SaaS, and laaS. This individual will specialize in helping the DLP/CASB Application team to drive efficiency, security, reliability into the Commission’s entire development to the operations lifecycle and understanding of the differences between the services and where they overlap.
- Design, build, and support mission-critical Cybersecurity products and services
- Have expert knowledge of Data Loss Prevention principles, Data Classification, Alerting and Monitoring, Automated Response, and apply that knowledge in their daily cloud security work. (McAfee CASB)
- Maintain and assess security for Enterprise multi-cloud platform (IaaS and PaaS)
- Assess and reviews cloud network configurations from a security angle; as well as fix any issues
- Maintain current documentation for the cloud platform, related tools, and business processes (security/compliance, HA/DR, data management, monitoring, application integration, etc.)
- Participate in implementation of new features and integration scenarios within cloud environments
- Develop tools to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Work with technical and business users
- Ability to clearly articulate and explain complex concepts and technologies to a non- technical audience
- Ability to function in a rapidly evolving environment and adapt to frequent transitions in technologies and teams
- Examine current cloud security practices and identify key risks, then execute programs to address them
- Lead large scale programs that span the enterprise to deploy and manage various cloud security appliances and agents
- Develop, maintain, and report on key cloud security metrics – both as a program and on an individual basis; creating metric templates and scoring models
- Automate cloud security solutions and controls
YSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.