Senior Technical Writer
• Drives the creation of a documentation methodology and framework and maintains proper methodology for purposes of consistency and efficiency.
• This role prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
• Should plan, write and maintain systems and user support documentation efforts.
• Is responsible for assignments of medium to large scope where analysis requires review of a variety of factors and often times collaborating, interacting, and communicating with senior team members within and
outside of the department. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Ability to analyze and present technical information to a variety of audiences, including technical experts, management, and the general public.
• An understanding of federal financial accounting data and mixed financial data in order to support complex and innovative reporting and analysis for client requirement.
• Experience developing training and communication materials related to software and/or data analysis.
• Generation of technical operation and maintenance manual for applications, database, and COTS software
• Documentation of core product and customer solution-specific code
• Creation of document flow diagrams
• Documentation of programming methodologies and toolkit use.
• Development and maintenance of user-training materials.
• Development of training curricula.
• Experience with technical writing tools, applications and workflows.
• Experience creating technical documentation such as user guides, Technical guides, templates, training materials.
• Experience developing and managing technical documentation review process steps; and experience researching tools, procedures, and technical configurations.